Tuesday, November 29, 2011

twirling. impressions of life.

you know that sensation you get from spinning... round and round and round--just trying to stay upright.
life is like that. twirling. round and round. it passes in a blur. i fall. and get up again; brushing off dirt, willing myself to move forward. fast and hazy, days and nights flash by as memories while i swirl on. bits of light and color surface, but the world becomes lost from view as mind and body tip-dizzy and scattered. then... collapse. but in the falling, God gives the moments for slow motion. moments for seeing clearly. moments for stopping. moments for light and love and laughter. the constant staying-on-my-feet becomes dim as my Savior lifts me up and twirls me in the dance of a lifetime. 
   
[a shot i took last week of my beautiful friend.]

1 comment: