Tuesday, October 4, 2011

photography#3

this week, i had a bit of a different assignment. i could not review my photos on the LCD screen while i was shooting.... i couldn't look at them until i uploaded them to iphoto. ouch. i had to really scan the viewfinder and be aware of what was in my frame.
i had to choose two pictures to submit. one had to show depth. the other had to illustrate the rule of thirds. [the top two photos=my submission.] 
the first shows depth using the line in the driveway to draw you into the picture. the lines from the garage also give it structure.
the second picture uses the rule of thirds. the rule of thirds is like drawing a tic-tac-toe board on you picture. where the lines intersect are the places you look. the intersection of the window pane is where your eye should be drawn. the window pane also creates a natural frame for the sunshine and leaves outside. 
the other pictures are some glimpses into the rest of my 250+ pics from last week. [#4 might be my favorite.]










this last picture doesn't really follow any of my assignment rules, but i just like it. : ) 

3 comments:

  1. do you know what i figured out? #4 actually DOES follow the rule of thirds - because the light is what is in focus and it is on that intersection. i really love the triangle of dark above the light in that one. leading line. :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh you are right. i should have just followed my gut and gone with that one. : ) oh well. i hadn't noticed the triangle. now i like it even more. lol

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures that is so cool that you are taking some photography classes.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete